We as a nation are now bearing the tragedy and shame of a mass shooting epidemic on top of a series of failures of Congress to represent us:
- The breakdown of the popular Build Back Better package.
- The attempt to allow businesses to cash in by privatizing Medicare.
- The expected strike down of Roe v. Wade any day.
- The refusal to enact a single common-sense gun law or protect voting rights.
In the lead-up to the 2022 elections, politicians are paying the most attention to their constituents. Now is the time to make our overwhelmingly popular demands visible and loud. Between the joy of summer gatherings and relaxation, let us participate in marches, rallies, and outreach to friends, coworkers, and allies. All of the issues we will march for boil down to one thing: fighting for Congress and SCOTUS to represent the will of the people.
Please march and rally with us:
- This Thursday, June 9 – A Global Day of Action for COVID Vaccine and Treatment Equity – Rally at the Seattle German Consulate – 6 PM.
- 6/10 March for Our Lives (common-sense gun laws). Events across the state.
- 6/13: Poor People’s Campaign virtual statewide call with Dr. Cornel West: King’s Philosophy of Nonviolence – 6-7:30 PM. RSVP
- 6/17: PSARA Juneteenth program: Say It Louder, We’re Emancipated and We’re Proud, 6:30 PM. Register.
- 6/18: Mass Poor People’s and Low-Wage Workers’ Assembly and Moral March on Washington DC and to the Polls! (Tune in virtually or at local events 6/17, 6/18, and 6/20 in Bothell, Longview, Olympia, Seattle, Tacoma, and Vancouver) Learn More.
- 6/18: The Power of the Vote: Rep John Lewis Tribute Memorial and March in Seattle. 9:30 AM memorial, and 12:45 PM march.
- 6/19: Juneteenth Freedom March & Celebration in Seattle Central District – 2-9:30 PM
- 6/20: 3rd Annual Juneteenth March & Car Rally – Join the West Coast ILWU Longshore during their stop-work action – 11 AM-2 PM in Seattle
- 6/25-26: 🏳️🌈 Seattle PrideFest 🏳️🌈 Elevate LGBT stories, advocate for causes, and celebrate successes.
We don’t know when the Supreme Court will overturn Roe v. Wade, but we can sign up for text alerts for Roe v. Wade Decision Day events and updates from Planned Parenthood. Text “ACCESS” to 22422.
Note: HCHR-WA does not pay for nor endorse advertisements on our website.